For all those that missed the hoopla of the 2007 edition of the China Blog Awards, your chance to jump on the bandwagon has passed my friend. The awards are officially over.
Chinalyst hosted the awards, with open voting during the month of July on any blog signed up in the Chinalyst system.
The army of trained rhesus monkeys that were put in charge of tallying up all the votes for the China Blog Awards have finally returned our calls, and the winners are…
- Best China Business & Law Blog: China Law Blog (584 votes)
- Best General China Blog: Sinocidal (289 votes)
- Best China News Blog: The Opposite End of China (201 votes)
- Best Personal China Blog: Beijing Boyce (198 votes)
- Best Technology China Blog: Mobinode (108 votes)
- Best Travel China Blog: China Travel News (49 votes)
In tandem over at the Hao Hao Report we ran the China Blog Awards Best Post competition, and though participation wasn’t extremely high (something we’ll work harder on the next time around), the results are:
- Best Political Post: Ill-informed Chicago columnist scares the hell out of China
- Best Humour Post: Classics and a beer and the best cabbie ever
- Best Advice Post: How to Find (and watch) Stolen Media
- Best Language Post: Learn a Language by Taking Advantage of “Hidden Moments”
- Best Feel Good Post: First day at the Barbershop
- Best Rant: Why is the Confucius Institute Online Stealing Content?
Congratz to all the winners, and to all those that were nominated as well. Maybe next time around we can round up some sponsors and get some kickass prizes to sweeten this whole ceremony.
Oh, and major props to fiLi for putting all this together!