I’m back in Canada now for the summer. While this should be easy for me after spending so much time in China, it’s not. This is a strange, strange place to me. What makes it worse is that I feel like I should get it, and people around me feel like I should get it too.
Over the last week or so, I’ve come up with a list of questions about this strange place called “North America” that I’m hoping some of you out there can answer, or provide other questions for your own reverse culture shock.
- Has everything always been so expensive?
- Has the air always been so clean?
- Have people always spoken English so freaking fast?
- Have we always given waiters so much in tips?
- Have Canadians always apologized so bloody much?
- Has tap water always been drinkable?
- Have I always blended in with everyone else?
- Has outside always smelled so good? (as opposed to pollution and urine)
- Have people always understood what I say?
- Has everything always been this easy?
- Has the internet always been this fast?
- Have I always been so glad to be home?
Any help would be much appreciated…