Neocha, the net’s premier source of Chinese indie music, has just released the newest version of their NEXT player. We spoke to Neocha founder Sean Leow about the first version NEXT player and Neocha nearly a year ago, and have been using it rather faithfully since. Despite its awesomeness, everything evolves and NEXT 2.0 has done just that.
What’s new in NEXT 2.0:
- Genres - Only want to listen to Chinese indie folk, or only electronic, or only rock, or only hip-hop today? Take your pick. Now you can choose the genre of music you want to stream from NEXT.
- Random - Can’t decide which genre to listen to? Then don’t – just click on NEXT’s “random” button for a continuous mix of tracks across all genres.
- Ratings - Absolutely love or hate a song? Let us know with one click via NEXT’s 5-star rating system.
- Comments - Want to tell us and the world what you think, enter comments and feedback about any song directly via the NEXT player. Your comments will appear for everyone to see on the track’s Neocha.com page.
- Top Ten - Based on listener feedback via the 5 star rating system, NEXT maintains a continuously updated, dynamic Top Ten list. Just click on the “top ten” button.
- Track Sharing - Want to link someone to the song your listening to? Just click NEXT’s “share” button to copy a direct permalink to your clipboard, then paste it anywhere you want: Facebook, Twitter, IM, email, etc.).
- Player Sharing - Want to put the NEXT player somewhere else online? Click NEXT’s “share” button for HTML code to be copied to your clipboard for embedding anywhere online (blogs, spaces, forums, etc.)
- Adobe Air - Want the NEXT player to live on your computer and not only on your browser? Download NEXT as an Abobe Air program (Mac / PC compatible).
- Donate - Want to support the development of Chinese creative communities and the local independent music scene in China? Click on NEXT’s “donate” button to “chip in” to the improving NEXT, concert, recording, equipment, CD printing, etc. funds.
You can grab the NEXT 2.0 player in its various forms here.