It’s been a couple months since our first Group Writing Project, and as it was quite successful, we feel it’s time for round two. The topic this time is “China: Love It ~ Hate It“.
We’re big fans of the dao and the wacky balance therein here at Lost Laowai, and as such wanted to offer a chance for the China blogsphere to delve into the things they both love and hate most about this country.
There’s no limit on the number of things you can list, or the depth to which you explore them – however, we do ask that for every yang you have a yin (and who doesn’t like a good bit of yin?).
What we mean to say is if you’ve sat down and come up with 100 things you dislike about China, we’d like you to challenge yourself to find 100 things you love as well.
For anyone not familiar with what Group Writing Projects are all about, perhaps an explanation is in order. Basically, GWPs are a good way for blogs of a semi-related niche to come together and create a focused amount of content on a particular topic, while also increasing exposure for all blogs that take part.
It’s a chance for lesser known blogs to get some exposure, and also for all involved to discover new and interesting blogs to read.
To participate, here is the process to follow:
1. Write a “China: Love It ~ Hate It” post
- Check to see if other submissions have been posted for concepts or ideas.
- Feel free to add, subtract or modify this idea – be as creative as you can. As long as it sticks to the theme, it’s fine.
- You can write it in any form you like (songs, poems, rants, humorous posts, as told by fecal art, anything you want). We only ask that you stick with the concept of balance between love and hate.
- Come up with a snazy title for the post that might attract some interest from other readers. You are not required at all to use the “China: Love it ~ Hate it” title, but are welcome to if you wish.
2. Let us know when it’s done.
- Once you’ve posted your story, simply fire us off an e-mail (Contact in the top menu bar) with the following information:
Title of Post, Post’s Link, Your name (or online alias)
- The deadline for this group writing project is Monday, October 1st.
- You don’t have to link back to this post – but it might be a good way to get others involved and help this project grow. And we’d sure appreciate it :-).
- Additionally, you are more than welcome to use the GWP graphic above in your post. Simply download it, or just link to it from here.
3. What happens next?
- I’ll be doing a “daily” post of submissions on here. Additionally, I will also be adding your post to a central “China: Love it ~ Hate it” submission list to make it easy for everyone to view all the posts related to this group writing project.
- The final list will be posted next Tuesday, October 2nd.
4. Don’t be shy – get around.
- This is where you take over. Be sure to check out the other submissions and see what people love and hate about China. Leave comments and make connections with other Sinosphere bloggers.
- There is no formal ‘judging’ as this is not a competition. Instead, I suggest perhaps you can surf through the submissions at the end of the week and list the one(s) on your blog you feel were the best and share the linky linky love.
If you’ve any questions, please contact us or simply leave a comment here. I look forward to reading what you come up with.